Reverse Engineering – Tools Competition!



Reverse Engineering – Tools Competition!


I was sitting in my room thinking what’s the best Reverse Engineering Tool. I mean, who is the “champion”, the one you use and suggest others to use. I want to use your opinion as part of my research:)
Of course, any category in the field of Reverse Engineering has lots of tools, and each tool can be used to different situations. but anyway – there is this “Go to” tool. The one you like the most. the one you adore. It makes you smile when you see it’s UI. you got the point..
So here are the competitors! You can suggest in the comment for the one’s i don’t know(yet)..
Hex-Rays IDA – IDA is a Windows, Linux and Mac OS X disassembler and debugger. I personally LOVE it.
OllyDBG – Good and old windows debugger.
WinDBG – I think that microsoft is its owner, great debugger with kernel debugging options!!!
Immunity Debugger – Great debugger, i think it can compete with OllyDBG.
JAD – Java decompiler. I like java. Everyone likes java.
JDGUI – Well, i personally use it, but i don’t really like it. it’s buggy.
Mona.py – Corelan Team created a great tool. really useful when using Immunity.
dotpeek – .NET decompiler. I haven’t decompiled a .net program in a while.
dnSpy – dnSpy is a .NET assembly editor, decompiler, and debugger forked from ILSpy(suggested by #0xC0ffe3 from reddit)
Hopper V3  – OSX and Linux disassembler. (suggested by #tugoth te’ strongbad)
Binary Ninja – This one holds many tools – Hex Editor, Text Editor, Disassembler, ShellCode Compiler(?) and a terminal. Looks pretty  Ninja! (suggested by #tugoth te’ strongbad)
Miasm – Reverse engineering framework in Python. Can modify ELFs, Disassemble ARM/SH4/…
I think that i will stop here. Those are the tools i’m familiar with. If i will recall any new ones, they will be added to this page! Stay tuned!